Parlor Class Materials
Reopening Week 2. AM I A CONSUMER OR CONTRIBUTOR
Join Zoom Meeting @ 9:00am
Meeting ID: 858 4816 3251
1. In verses 4-6 what two things does Paul emphasize?
2. In verse 7 what does Paul tell us about the Holy Spirit’s distribution of spiritual gifts (i.e.; “the manifestation of the Spirit”) and what is the purpose of those gifts? See 1 Corinthians 12:7
3. What are your rhythms, habits, or disciplines that help you consume spiritually?
4. As you look at Abraham Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, do you agree or disagree that transcendence needs lead to the most fulfillment in this world? Talk about a time in your life where you helped someone else reach their full potential and how that made you feel.
5. Jesus instituted the church. Today, many Christians and non-Christians have a negative view of the church because of a damaging interaction with a church in the past. Are there times when the church has helped or hurt you in your relationship with God?
6. Read Ephesians 4:11-16. The author Paul claims that we become the mature body of Christ when every part does its work. What do you feel is the greatest spiritual contribution that you can make in this world, and why?
7. Are there other ways moving forward that you can challenge yourself to contribute?
8. Are you a contributor or a consumer?